In episode #925, we discuss whether publishing is worth the hassle. Tune in to hear if publishing has helped our careers.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Worth Writing a Book?
[00:40] Eric is writing a book called, Levelling Up.
- [00:47] It’s about entrepreneurship.
- [01:15] There are many steps to publishing, the first of which is writing a proposal and pitching your book.
- [01:49] Neil has a New York Times bestseller on the market.
- [02:05] He feels it didn’t help increase his speaking fees or business. He would not publish again.
- [02:50] His book was unrelated, so he feels it would have helped to write a book that was more relevant to his business.
- [03:22] Selling books isn’t as effective as getting new visitors to your website.
- [03:43] Eric thinks Neil will come around to publishing.
- [04:50] That’s it for today!
[05:00] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: