In this episode of the Culture First Podcast Damon sits down with Professor Jane Burns and Adam Smiley Poswolsky to discuss how to talk about mental health in the workplace.
Professor Burns is a Board Member of the NDIA, Committee Chair at Open Arms Veterans & Families Counseling and formerly involved in Streat and Beyond Blue.
Adam is a keynote speaker on workplace belonging and the future of work as well as the author of Friendship in the Age of Loneliness. He also writes for Harvard Business Review and his TED talks have amassed over 2 million views.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The foundational level of knowledge everyone needs to understand a topic as complex as mental health
- What the research is showing us when it comes to the global loneliness epidemic
- What role does the organization and company culture play in positively and negatively impacting mental health
- How a manager can play a critical role in supporting the mental health of their team
- The questions you can ask your team members to better support them to talk about mental health
This is an incredibly important episode and one that we hope gives you a better understanding as well as practical actions to take to create mentally healthy workplaces.
This is an incredibly important episode and one that we hope gives you a better understanding as well as practical actions to take to create mentally healthy workplaces. If you or someone you know needs help, please use the following resources as a guide. If you or someone else is in immediate danger, please call the emergency services in your local area.
Mental health resources:
This page contains a wide range of mental health services around the world.
Culture First Global 2022
To hear more stories from Culture First Leaders make sure that you register to join us at Culture First Global. Culture First is a series of free virtual experiences exploring how culture, science, and innovation can guide organizations, leaders, and teams through the challenges and towards the opportunities of reworking work for everyone. Get your free ticket here.