Artist Beth Zaiken joins Moiya to talk about paleoart. Together, they answer questions like: How do artists work with museums to create gorgeous and educational exhibits about the ancient natural world? How has our understanding of the paleo world changed in the last few decades? And how does an artist decide what to include in the scene?
HOSTED by Dr. Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
- Listen to JOIN THE PARTY wherever you get your podcasts or at jointhepartypod.com
- Order my book, THE MILKY WAY: https://www.grandcentralpublishing.com/titles/moiya-mctier/the-milky-way/9781538754153/
- BUY EXOLORE SWAG: store.dftba.com/collections/exolore
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/exolorepod
- twitter: twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: instagram.com/exolorepod
- website: exolorepod.com
- subreddit: reddit.com/r/ExolorePod
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
- Editing: Mischa Stanton, https://www.mischastanton.com/
How would you like to swim in an ocean ruled by matriarchal squid, or fly over a planet as it rotates with a swarm of migrating wasps? No, it's not the latest VR craze (... yet); it's Exolore! Exolore helps you imagine other worlds with the help of facts and science. Every other week, host Dr. Moiya McTier invites experts to build a world from scratch or sits down with a fiction fan to dive deep into their favorite worlds. Every episode will make you laugh, go "huh?" and appreciate how special our world really is.
Exolore is a member of Multitude Productions, an independent podcast collective and production studio.
This episode could use a review! Have anything to say about it? Share your thoughts using the button below.Submit Review