I chat with Brad Hargis, cohost of The Cinema Guys podcast, about how he records and produces episodes with his two cohosts, Justin and the Cinemaiden.
- Ferrite for on-location recording
- Microphones: ATR 2100 (Brad), Knox Gear KN-UM01 USB/XLR Mic (Cinemaiden), PylePro PDMIC58 (Justin)
- Mixer: Mackie ProFX8v2
- Recorders: Main EVISTR L53, backup EVISTR L150
- Edit with Audacity on a 15 inch MacBook Pro
- iTunes to convert to a M4A file
- Recording: Mics connected via XLR to Mixer I record My mic (ATR 2100) on L channel and co-hosts(Knox and Pyle) on R channel. Record to WAV file on the L53 main recorder.
- After recording, copy audio files to computer and open in Audacity to 1. Use noise reduction, 2. Compress to level audio down, 3. Amplify to set audio to -1 dB, and 4. Use Nyquist Noise Gate on each channel.
- Edit all the audio adding music in post.
- Auphonic to set the final level to -15 LUFS.
- To finalize the file I import the .WAV into iTunes to convert to 96k Stereo M4A file adding artwork and metadata to the file.
- Upload file to Blubrry and post to my Wordpress website that is hosted on godaddy using PowerPress.
Thanks for being such a great guest, Brad!
DID YOU KNOW........We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. We appreciate you listening.
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?
Listen and Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, TuneIn, Android, RSS, Email